Some have asked about Java Central’s sanitation practices during the COVID-19 crisis. We’ve been diligently adapting our processes since the first week of March to decrease all exposure risks normally present in our operation. Here is a list of practices we’ve changed or added in the last two weeks.
1) Hand sanitizer stations were immediately placed by each entrance and exit and by the cash register on 3/9/2020.
2) All staff have been trained and required to wash or sanitize hands more frequently and thoroughly than our normal practices. We began this training more than two weeks ago. Critical control points (CCP) regarding hand washing have been identified and trained.
3) Java Central has three members of our staff with Level 2 Franklin County Health Department food handlers certification. Four team members have SerfSafe certification and owner Andy Piper is a state-licensed Preventative Controls Qualified Individual (PCQI) for food production and manufacturing.
4) Java Central Cafe and Roaster maintains a Level 3 County Health Department license and has a consistently clean record with the government.
5) All common touch points for customers have been eliminated, except the doors and cash register screen which we are working on eliminating as soon as possible.
6) Staff are required to report daily their body temperature. Individuals with temperatures higher than 100 degrees will be required to quarantine.
7) Customers who are waiting to order or pickup are being asked to stand 6ft apart.
8) Our team has been split into smaller teams with little crossover to prevent any exposure amongst our staff.
9) Our café is not open to dine-in per government order.
10) All surfaces, door and faucet handles, cash register screen and card readers, kitchen utinsels and machinery is frequently sanitized every 30-60 minutes. Gloves are worn for all food preparation as well as whole bean coffee bagging.
These are only some of the practices we have implemented for the safety and well being of our guests and team. We thank all of you for your enormous support these past few weeks. We’ll get through this together!
Pay it Forward
Call 614-839-0698 to “Pay it forward” to our local health professionals, police, fire, and first responders! For $25 or $50, you can support our local men and women on the front lines of the epidemic with a donation of coffee and gift cards. You could also send it to an anonymous neighbor who has to stay home! We’ll deliver the care packages every Friday as a gift from you, or anonymously if you want!
Call the cafe at 614-839-0698 to order your favorite latte and muffin (or any of your favorite food or drinks!) and have them delivered direct to you! We will be respectful of any and ALL delivery requests in order to reduce physical interactions during this time of curve flattening 🙂
Java Central Café and Roaster
At Java Central, we believe that great cafés are the hallmark of a great place to live. We’ve combined our passion for great coffee with our unique space to create a warm and welcome café experience. We seek to enrich our city by providing a space where diverse people with diverse views are welcomed and respected. Artistic expression is a vital component of this philosophy. Our live music and art gallery provide space for local musicians and artists to share their craft with others. These values drive our vision as we seek to create a safe and nourishing space for all who visit.
Fresh Roasted Coffee
All of our roasts are currently available for in-store purchase.
There are no upcoming events at this time.
***Reduced Hours in Effect***
Monday: 7:00AM – 3:00PM
Tuesday: 7:00AM – 3:00PM
Wednesday: 7:00AM – 3:00PM
Thursday: 7:00AM – 3:00PM
Friday: 7:00AM – 3:00PM
Saturday: 7:00AM – 3:00PM
Sunday: 8:00AM – 3:00PM